Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Abducted young woman Carlesha Freeland-Gaither found Alive in Maryland

I prayed for this beautiful Sister. Thank you Jah for leading these people to her. So ecstatic for her family as these stories usually do not turn out happy.  Yes!

Reported by: NBC10

Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, the 22-year-old woman violently abducted from a Philadelphia street on Sunday, has been found alive in Maryland and her alleged abductor has been arrested, Philadelphia detectives confirm.
“I’m taking my baby home. Thank you," Keisha Gaither, the woman's overjoyed mother, told the public at a news conference Wednesday night. Her family erupted into applause as the woman spoke.

Freeland-Gaither was rescued from the car of her alleged kidnapper, 37-year-old Delven Barnes, along the side of a road in Jessup, Maryland, officials said. She has suffered some injuries and is being taken to a nearby hospital in Columbia, Maryland for treatment, police said. She's expected to recover.
“It’s very special for all of us. You hope, you hope, you hope, but you don’t always know that it will end this way," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said.

Edward Hanko, Special Agent-in-Charge of the FBI's Philadelphia division, said agents acted on tips from the public to help track down Barnes' car. Authorities tracked his car on Wednesday and a FBI Task Force from the agency's Baltimore office moved in to take him into custody when he exited his car along the 7200 block of Waterloo Road.

Barnes, who has ties to Philadelphia, apparently attacked Freeland-Gaither at random, detectives said. He is being held on a bench warrant out of Virginia for alleged capital attempted murder charges in Charles City County.

"He’s a thug," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said of the alleged abductor. “He’s a vicious predator. He’s off the streets."

Freeland-Gaither was grabbed as she walked along Greene Street near W. Coulter Street in the city's Germantown section three days ago. She was forced her down the street and into a car. The woman struggled to get away, fighting her attacker and breaking out the window of the car. But she couldn't escape. The ordeal was caught on surveillance video and widely shared.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Designed By